Monday, September 28, 2009

I love... Mondays

Really, I do. I know. Don't hate me. Monday is pretty much like any other day in my world, but even when I wasn't a SAHM (stay at home mom) I still liked Mondays. I'm a mutant and I accept it.

I need more share-apy. In trying to add a little more positive in my life, not dwelling on the negative, I started making a list in my head. On a Monday. And so this is where "I Love... Mondays" was born. It was a good day, too.

Wanna hear?


I Love... Mondays.



I love... autumn. The leaves, the changing temps, the need for jeans and sweatshirt, thick hearty soups. I love how the light changes, the shadows change, and things just seem to glow.

I love... the leaves - changing color, the crisp and crunch when you walk through them, I even like raking them. It makes me feel good to work up a sweat (though I could do without the blisters), piling them up and forcing my kids to jump thru them.

I love... my daughter's dramatic enthusiasm about all things. From dancing, princesses, and pink to the way she describes things with big adjectives like "teeny" and "ginormous". Her hugs will pert near pop your head off. Her enthusiasm for learning is inspiring; she loves to sound out words and figure out the letter they start with, she counts everything (up to 25), and insists loudly on you listening to her as she does it.


I love... where I live. I love that it's a small town and I can let my children play at the park without worry. I love driving by cows and horses. I love the curvy roads, the hills and valleys. I love seeing wildlife (deer, eagles, pheasants, the seldom seen fox or coyote). I love being able to stop the car in the middle of the road so my children can watch, too.

So tell me, what do you love?

Leave a comment and share your loves, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love driving by cows and horses. I love the curvy roads, the hills and valleys. I love seeing wildlife (deer, eagles, pheasants, the seldom seen fox or coyote). I love being able to stop the car in the middle of the road so my children can watch, too.

    I love these things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute kiddos! :)

    Saw your post in the blog frog about college degrees. Just thought I would let you know I am about to graduate with a degree in Human Service and Management and I did the whole degree ONLINE through the University of Phoenix! Just thought you might like to know that is a great option if you are looking into this area of study.
    ~Liz :)

    ReplyDelete