Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sidetracked

Uhhhhh. Yeah. So I had this great post idea I was going to roll out yesterday. But I got sidetracked.

See, what happened is, a friend called and offered me a free ticket to a concert. Uh.... OK! So that thwarted all my plans. But I had a great time.

I do have pics of my old funky wallpaper.



See! Pinks and purples and greens and yellows,
all in some kind of pattern that makes me think of butterflies and flowers.


And here's the closet. It's so very tiny. My house was built somewhere around, and possibly before, 1876. They had really small closets in those days. Ridiculously small.

And the walls are made of this lovely plaster kind of crap stuff that is then covered with wallpaper, as it is not smooth. It is pourous, and crumbly. And doesn't hold nails very well. Good thing we have a 1 1/2 story so the top half of the walls are slanted, and I can't hang pictures anyway.



And the lovely yellowish paint you see on that shelf thing must be latex over oil base paint, and now that it is also old, the top coat is peeling and chipping and creates a great mess. And it's painted on everything. This is the other crap I have spent hours and hours scraping.


Here you can see that the bottom 4 inches is missing. I tried to convince my hubby that we should rip out the plaster and lathe now, so that we can sheetrock (and not lose any precious inches). He didn't go for it. Not sure what he's planning to do to cover up that huge hole.




You can also see a little sneak peek of the floor color. But really, the pics do not do justice to my paint choices. So you'll just have to come over and see for yourself. But, uh, call first. :D



0 comments:

Post a Comment