Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Here's a little conversation I just had with KJ. I am trying to hurry them up and out the door. (So why and I taking the time to write this, you may ask? Well, because if I don't now it won't happen.)
KJ: Mom, can I take this sandwich with me in the car?
KJ: Will it be like a picnic in the car?
Me: Yes, kinda.
KJ: Oh, Mom. You're so genius.
Me: (In my head) Man I love it when she says that, even if she has no idea what it means.
KJ: Genius means smart and kind.
Well. I'll be darned. Hmph.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Today's Not Me Monday is a little different. It is in honor of Stellan who is battling for life. Lord, please keep him tightly wrapped in your arms. And if I may be so bold as to "selfishly" ask, this side of heaven, please.
And if you'd like to join in this week, Mrs. Cline is hosting the Mr. Linky on her site.
- I have not been checking Blogger every 2 hrs, for the last week, for updates on Stellan.
- I did not come home after a night out with a friend, and check Blogger at 12:30 pm.
- My husband did not join me in reading her latest post, speechless, at what she was writing, and that she could write. He did not say "How can she even write about this stuff?" He did not read one more sentance that read "his mother is trying hard to keep from being a sobbing, wretched mess in front of him" and then did not let out a very quiet "Oh."
- I did not get awakened by the Lord at 5:30 am, desperately and unsuccessfully try to fall back to sleep, and then just give up at 6:15 after getting a bottle for the baby. I did not spend the next hour+ praying and crying for MckMuffin and his MckFamily.
- I am not having a hard time typing this thru tears.
- I have not had them prayerfully on my mind all day thus far.
- My husband did not thank my infant son at lunch (who's 8 months old) for not having SVT or any other S or V or T. This obviously shows that this is not on his mind, too.
- I am not struggling with understanding how God works in situations like this, or how it could be loving, how it's not fair.
- I am not being selfish in hoping that God never tests me like this.
- This has most certainly NOT affected my being thankful for my children.
- I am not thankful to hear of his improvements, yet scared to death (for MckMama) of the possibilities.
- This song has not been on my mind all day:
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment and pray. It never hurts.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
See her looking forlornly. She just wants to be out in it.
Have you counted your blessings today? Have you hugged your children, spouse, mother, brother? Don't delay.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Life's simple pleasures.
Due to the birthdays that have filled our calendar of late, and the plethora of balloons to go along with them, balloons are all over my house. Some are in the process of dying. Others are hanging on strong. This little monkey could sit and play with them for a very long time.
It's also important to note the fever with which he pumps his chubby little arms and legs. It's like that most of the time. He's itching to get moving... I'm not.
Please pardon the mess and screaming in the background. That is fairly typical, however.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
B-boy climbing and goofing. Not wanting his pic taken.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Please feel free to check out MckMama's mutterings about the tales with her 4 children, and all the other linky's.
*We have NOT had a week of haircutting adventures. We did not start off with KJ playing beautician while her sister sat on the throne.
I did NOT have another opportunity to pull out my own hair yesterday when I discovered that Cheeks did NOT find my hair-cutting scissors, some 6 months lost, and did NOT take the opportunity to cut her own hair, further worsening previous damage. I did NOT (in hindsight) consider the fact that she also needed to have been in on some strict lesson learning. My options with her are NOT either a pixie or buzz cut, and I am NOT fearful that if I did that, she would just cut her hair even shorter. (Shorter than a pixie cut? Yes, bad imagery.) So, I did NOT decide that she'll just have to live with this whack job of a haircut and let it just grow out, as she's only two, afterall.
I did NOT have the opportunity to clean poop somehow dribbled down my son's leg by his little sister. I did NOT just have to laugh at the whole situation. The rug is NOT still there covering up anything I may have missed. I did NOT discover the affected jeans last night, still in the laundry basket.
I did NOT cancel a playdate at my house today because of being sick, with the biggest deal cincher being that I don't want to clean up this. (see right)
(Just keepin' it real, folks. Shamefully real.) I would be more concerned about the health of others than what impression I may or may not make by having a semi messy house.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
I do have lots of birthday posting to do, but I want to do it all in succession so I'll save that for another day when I have more than 29 remaining minutes.
Post note: I know it doesn't look like it takes that long to write this stuff, but it does.