Friday, November 14, 2008

Evil bed

Why is it that kids don't get it when you say you are sick and they just need to behave really well that day? And since mommies don't get a day off, what is a person to do? I don't even have a couch to plant myself on (only love seats). This combination leads to very bad things.

Yesterday I was sick. Yuck. It may be easier if everyone is sick at the same time. maybe. Anyway. I took Lil' D upstairs for a nap and was attacked by my bed, with it's beautifully soft microplush blanket, and the wonderful warmth it offered. I just couldn't help it, and I was powerless to fight back. I mean, anyway, I could hear my other 3 monkeys downstairs, and they were being really noisy, but not like someone died noisy, so at least I knew they were still in the house. After about 20? 30? minutes (who can really keep time when you are sick? It's an abstract concept anyway, right?) they came upstairs, so I continued to allow myself to be enveloped in my bed. Trapped really. And so wanting sleep. But I am on duty. Can. not. sleep. No sleep. s.i.g.h. Ok ok, I'm awake! ... sorta. Unfortunately, now Lil' D is too. Crud. Ok, everyone downstairs. herd, herd. Oh, geez, what's that?? Raisins?? greeeaaaatttt. There are raisins all over everything, in every room except the bathroom. On the couch, behind the couch, in the window sill, in the ottoman boxes, on the blanket, under the blanket, in the kitchen, by the computer, and pretty much everywhere else you can think of.

I found enough energy to yell loud enough to get them to stay on the couch for 30+ minutes while I cleaned them up, because raisins are not something you can leave for later.

I was tempted to make them eat just raisins for lunch. Instead I called my neighbor and asked if she could feed them lunch. Who can say no to tears? They came back an hour and a half later trumpeting their fun times and asking if I was happy now.

Well... no, but it's naptime. I'll be happy very soon!

Guess I won't be making oatmeal raisin cookies for that public function thing. That would be just waaaay too yucky.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! The only thing worse than sick kids is a sick mommy! And good for you for actually calling and asking for help!

    ReplyDelete