Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bits - o - nothin'

Just rambling.

I made Honey Butter today. So yummy. I just want to sit around eating buttered bread all day. I don't think that's a good idea. For many reasons.


These guys like having their picture taken.


Cheese, mommy, cheese? Mommy. Mommy. Cheese?
Ok. Cheese.

Huggyface didn't poop for 3 1/2 days. I know, you really wanted to know that. There is a point. Breastfed babies don't get constipated, especially not at 10 weeks, so it's a little abnormal, and on my mind. I was discussing this fact with some ladies (because he ended the BM strike during a prayer session we were having. Gotta love timing.) and one older mom (her kids have kids) said, "Great job, mama!" I was kind of taken aback by that, so I asked why. She said that that meant my milk was perfect for him and he has no waste. She said that when some other person I don't remember had that same problem with their baby, the doctor said that then your body is making the right amount and baby is using it all. I found that really interesting. See, because my interpretation of his lack of poop or even his normally small poops was that he wasn't getting enough. That I was inadequate, my breast milk inadequate. But it's not. Why do we, as parents, always feel like we're not doing a good enough job with our children?



This guy,


Yeah, this one right here. He's not giving me any indication of separating himself from me any. time. soon. Sleeping in a crib? Yeah right. Three months seems to be the magic age when all our others left our bed for one of their own. Not this guy, I'm guessing. It's a wonder he came out of the womb. In fact, I do wonder if I hadn't been induced if he would have just stayed in there indefinitely. I'd probably still be pregnant if he had his way. Sometimes I like it. Sometimes I don't. I love that my baby loves me so much. I can enjoy it knowing it's my last time to do this. Sometimes I feel like I have no freedom. You know, like when you have to go to the bathroom wearing your baby in some sort of carrier? Yeah. Or when you want some, ahem, "alone time" with your husband, and he feels the need to keep scrunching up to you, no matter how many times you move him to the other side of the bed, and nuzzle your chest. It's a total buzz kill, if you know what I mean. Hard to be romantic with your baby holding daddy's hand. Just sayin'.


We had another birthday party. Miss Cheeks turned 4. She's totally hilarious without knowing or trying, very very girly, getting so "grown up" and yet still loves sucking her fingers and carrying her blankie. We kind of give her a hard time about that. I asked her today, "Who do you love more, your blankie or your mom?" She tilted her head (while sucker her fingers), gave me this "aw mom" kind of smile, layed her head on my shoulder and pointed at me. Phew! I was worried there for a minute.



I just don't have the creative energy to come up and implement some fancy, elaborate cake, but I got some late night delirium inspiration while at Wally World the night before and found some cute cake topper candle thing. While there, out of the corner of my eye I spied these really cute cupcake papers. So snatched some up. I'm sure I'll be using them again. I think next time I'll use another cupcake paper as a liner and then put these on. So the oil doesn't taint the paper.


1 comment:

  1. Or perhaps you could bake them without a liner and place them in the cute liners after they've cooled? Not sure if that would help the oil problem or not. Very cute though!

    ReplyDelete