Monday, January 25, 2010

I love Mondays, husband edition

I love Mondays. You may think it's an illness. Or an unsquashable tendency to look to hope.
Lamentations 3: 17 I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. 18 So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord." 19 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 20 I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every Monday morning; great is your faithfulness.


And this Monday is dedicated to my hubs, dear sweet, ever grumpy King Kong, who lovingly tidied up the house yesterday, even scrubbing the puke out of the toilet, and was smiling when I got home.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I love... his sexy legs. Yup. They're niiiice. I'd show you a picture, but I'd have to take a pic of him in his "shorts" and he might balk at that.

I love... seeing the wedding ring I gave him on his strong rough hands. Diamond in the rough (or gold, as it were). It looks like it belongs. We belong.

I love... his boyish enthusiasm, as much as it also drives me nutso. His sceming and planning and dreaming.

I love... how he's not shy about loving on his kids.

I love... and admire how he speaks of my good qualities to others, not about how he's frustrated with a messy house or my complaining ways.


So... this is my own bloggy concoction that hasn't caught on. Too bad. If you'd like to write your own list of things you love, feel free to put a link in the comments on this post. I'd get a Linky, but I doubt anyone would link, and I couldn't handle the rejection. So link, or not. :D




That's how I roll. Well, sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Well. I roll backwards and slightly uphill. Take that :P

    ReplyDelete