Today, however, instead of pondering on all the mistakes I have made or the thousand ways my kids
And without further ado...
- I did not just google to make sure I spelled 'ado' correctly, because I am not a person who is 1. that anal, and 2. that much of a freak about grammar/spelling. (I LOVE Google. Google is our friend.) I do not have a problem being wrong.
- I do not get highly incensed about people who fail to use at least a MINIMUM of punctuation or grammar in their writing. I do not resort to namecalling regarding such person's intelligence because they can't even use a period. Not even one!
- I did not hear my not quite 4 yr old daughter tell me she was wearing her "skinny jeans" (when actually they were red leggings). I did not BUST. OUT. LAUGHING. at this statement, then have to pretend I was laughing at something else. She would not be saying that to mimic her 13 yr old sister who was just here for Christmas vacation, and much a slave to the "skinny jean" revolution.
- I did not hear my 5 yr old son call his almost 2 yr old sister his "henchman." Again, I did not bust out laughing. (Ok, really I didn't. But I did in my mind. Laugh, that is.)
- I was not told by my 3 yr old daughter "Please make Dillon a bottle, already." She has not been playing "little mother" all day, and copping some funny little motherly, um, shall we say, attitude today, even asking me "what's your choice, huh?" Where does she get this stuff?
- I am not posting pics of the gingerbread house we made 2 weeks ago because I was too
lazybusy to get to it during the holidays. And let those pics go to waste? No, I posted everyday to keep you all abreast of out festive goings-on. I have that much time.
- This is not my gorgeous step-daughter. Her father (especially) and I were not slightly take aback by her grown-up-ness and maturation, upon seeing her get off the airplane, with lots of black eyeliner, straightened, black-dyed hair, and pink zebra striped purse. Oh, and I shan't forget the "skinny jeans" and low-cut tank tops more filled out than mine.
Picture editing hers, not mine. BeccaBombshell is not her MySpace "name" (for a 13yo)
This is not my infant child playing with a plastic bag. He was not so incredibly happy to have "captured" the bread, that I just couldn't take it away. He is also not sitting in his Bumbo seat on the table. That's not safe. I'm a very safety conscious mother.
- This is not an example of what my 3 oldest children can do to my living room in 20 minutes. This motivates me to clean, even more than I already am. The sense of accomplishment is OVERWHELMING.
- Oh, this one outta gross ya out.... I did not find out my daughter had some sort of sore / infection behind her ear by smelling its' foul odor. Blech! No, I am much more attentive to my children's hygiene than to have allowed something to get so totally grody, like that. Uffda!
And on that note... I think I shall end for this session. Now... Who do I pay? Oh, that's right. It's free therapy, courtesy of it's creator, MckMama. Check her out!