Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random thoughts

Why does everyone feel this guilt in not having taken down their Christmas tree the day after Christmas, or by New Years, for sure? I don't. (Though, to note, nor do I put it up the day after Thanksgiving.) It's a thing of beauty, adding ambiance and softness to your room / home. It's magical, with it's lights, the decorations glimmering, casting sweet shadows on the walls surrounding. What's the rush?


-----------------------------------------------
Year in review. A good thing to do sometimes. (I saw someone else do it.) Take stock of all the important or momentous occasions in your life. Wonder what mine would look like.

January:

  • Still in shock of being preggo... again.
  • someone got sick
  • we all got sick
  • prenatal checkup
  • it snowed
  • Cheeks had a birthday. Cleaned house for a party.
February
  • Got the tires rotated
  • someone got sick
  • it snowed
  • prenatal checkup
  • KJ had a birthday. Cleaned house for a party.
March
  • Bro and SIL have bdays. No one celebrates (partypoopers!)
  • it snowed
  • someone got sick
  • prenatal checkup
April ..... blah blah blah

You get the point. Exciting things? well, uh, Bombshell, we'll call her, moved to FL. Had nothing to do with me, really, except that I was sad. Oh, I guess that it was exciting that I became the proud new owner of all her mother's furnishings (table/chairs, couches, rug, end tables, snowblower).

We did not go on vacation. At all. Unless you count a trip to a free zoo for 2 hrs, by myself with the kids. Where I screamed my head off upon arrival, and then thought... "this is doomed." It wasn't. We recovered. And even had fun. Regardless of the fact that there were NO ANIMALS there. Well, hardly.


I did have a baby, though for the last few yrs that's become a common occurrence. Not to be happening again, mind you.


I got a dishwasher! Monumental to me. Not to anyone else. (And also a matching stove and refrigerator. Ok. I guess that's cool. How many ppl can say that? Not many in my socio-economic bracket. Thaaaank yooouuu, stimulus check!)(Sorry. No pics.)

I took a vvveeeerrrrrrryyyyy long time to like my dishwasher. Having to do with the dishes coming out spotty and filmy and not clean. Thanks to Pioneer Woman's suggestion of LemonShine, and some trial and error with detergents, 6 months later I love it. :D Really, it was the LemonShine that did it. Also, it's VERY important to clean your dishwasher. Once. A. Month. Especially if you have hard water. It's very simple, really. They make a bottle of stuff called "Dishwasher Cleaner" and you just put the bottle in there, open, no dishes, and run a cycle. Viola! Much cleaner dishes. Which reminds me...

Oh, Oh. I can't forget the sandbox. That was huge, actually. We built one in the backyard, between our house and the neighbors. 8'x8'. Big enough to fit ALL the neighbor kids. Life outside is a much better place for it. Minus the bee attacks.
Ok. I guess that's something. Furniture. Appliances. Sandbox. Baby. And in that order, actually.


Plus there was the Christmas visit from the Bombshell. A very pleasant experience overall. Also a learning experience, as we are new to "life with a teenager." Now we know a little better what will come this summer. Or at least what we have to work on.





-----------------------------------------------
My arm smells like butt. Literally. That comes from a naked girl sitting on my arm. Then she went into the bathtub. Directly to the tub. Did not pass Go. Did not collect $200. Now she is all clean, covered in sleepytime lotion, and napping. Yay!
I did say random.
-----------------------------------------------

Now, I have to go clean house for the babysitter. Because, let's face it. We don't really want people to know how we reeaally live. Not even teenagers not our own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment