Thursday, March 17, 2011

Who knew!

I just found out that my children are part Irish. Makes today so much more fun. I mean, my name might be Kelly, but they don't get it from me. All German and Norwegian here (3/4 and 1/4, respectively). They are also more Norwegian than I, which I think is funny. Apparently the Kong is 1/4 Eskimo, 1/4 Norwegian, and the rest Irish, French and Swedish.

 Upon learning this I thought, ha, wouldn't it be funny to get the man a shirt that says "Kiss Me I'm Irish." I even laughed out loud. I have a pretty lame/cheesy sense of humor sometimes. (In case you don't know, he doesn't look anything much but Eskimo. So, you know, that's.. funny. :D OK. Maybe just to me.)

Koko is ALL in the spirit. She even picked out what she wanted to wear to school today, yesterday. We had to make some ammendments, however, since the green shorts she picked out didn't really go with the 40 degree temperatures outside, nor the not-the-same-green sweater she picked out. teehee. She even picked out green unders. And giggled. I giggled too. :D And this morn we fixed her up in pigtails with green ribbons. So festive!!! lol

I may have to find some green beer to drink. I'm trying to come up with green things my kids would actually eat. Broccoli is about the only thing I can think of. Some of them are pretty picky, so just adding food coloring is not really the ticket. Green pancakes maybe? I think I could pull that one off.

We don't really have a history of getting too festive, but sometimes it's fun (read, manageable). Even just on the fly.

I'll leave you with a few lame-o giggle worthy jokes.

What's Irish and outside all summer?
Paddy O'furniture.

What does a leprachaun call a happy man wearing green?
The Jolly Green Giant. (side note - the big green man lives not too far from us.)

What does an Irishman get after eating Italian food?
Gaelic breath.

Knock knock
Who's there?
Irish.
Irish who?
Irish you a Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

And, finally, my favorite Irish thing:

May the Road rise up to meet you
May the Wind be always at your back
May the Sun shine warm upon your face
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And untill we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of hus hand.
~Irish blessing, author unknown


0 comments:

Post a Comment