Saturday, September 18, 2010

What's new?

What's new in my house? Why, underarm farts and spitballs, of coarse. I have yet to ascertain the answer as to WHO in the bleepity bleep taught my son how to make these offensive things. His father's response to learning of these new skills was to laugh an "oh yeah. hahaha." Well, I'm. NOT. laughing. Let's see you clean those things off the inside of my backseat car windows, Buck-O!

I finally got Koko to stop belching for sport, and now this. We were in Walmart yesterday in search of maternity underwear (which Walmart no longer carries. Old Navy doesn't carry maternity in store anymore either. Ask me how I know. sigh.) because I can't find my "old" ones and I'm getting tired of my draw's either falling down or cutting off circulation. And if being a pregnant mom of 4 children under age 7 doesn't call enough attention to oneself, there's my son farting his armpits. Gosh that's embarrassing. Let's also not forget the 3 yr old then getting left behind in the "Intimates" department, bawling her eyes out.

I think I liked the "butt" phase better. Because "butt" isn't a bad word, and eventually it does become funny. Armpit farts... NOT FUNNY. yet.

Ah, the joys of 6 year old boys.

Let's see... what else? Well, I had contractions yesterday from about noon til well past midnight, which is kinda freaky considering I'm only 29 weeks. It's got this little bugger moving around like crazy, too. Which I like. I have never had contractions, that I knew of anyway, this early. I suppose I need to space out my cleaning tasks a bit more. I do really well, normally, by taking reeeaaalllllyy long breaks parked in a nice comfy chair updating my Facebook obsession needs, but the problem is, when I sit down, I usually never find the motivation to get back up. I'll have to work on that. So yesterday, in a cleaning spree, I picked up "the addition," dismantled a broken table, dealt with some boxes that were stashed there (and coincidentally, found the Mother's Day card for my mom. I'm gonna give it to her late. I don't care. I don't only love her on Mother's Day, right?), moved the furniture around and vacuumed up a ton of popcorn, washed my dishes/pots-and-pans, cleaned the stovetop, flipped the chairs up on the table, swept, mopped, picked up the living room and vacuumed, all in about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. That probably was overdoing it a bit, which was evidently clear to me when I did sit down, and then promptly informed the Kong that I would be doing essentially nothing on Saturday. Partially due to the history of me doing lots one day and then being totally wiped out and in pain the next. (Let's see how that pans out. A mom doing "nothing" is basically a joke.)

I have actually been a bit worried about premature labor. Not sure if it was triggered by something (maybe one of the many episodes of Teen Mom or 16 and Pregnant I've watched lately. And boy could I write a blog post/rant on each episode I watch. It could be intuition though, so that's disconcerting.) but it certainly got me wondering if I should head to the hospital or just wait it out. The rational side of me said wait, the mom of 4, who recognizes that 2-6 am is not a convenient time to find a babysitter to come over, couldn't sleep. But they weren't too painful, so it really didn't make sense to go in. Thankfully, my mom and a friend were praying for me and I'm certain it helped as I woke up at 6am to make my long travel to the loo, and noticed my belly was seeming better. But man do my tummy, thigh and gluteus maximus muscles hurt today.

All the kids (well, the ones that will go) are in school now, and I'm feeling the relief settle in a bit. Too much time together, not enough time off for the mama. I was getting to be one weary soul, in terms of parenting. And going the whole summer without getting much time for myself just reaffirmed to me how much I NEEEEEED to have that time. And how much I need my Women's Bible Study group. Even with the older ones gone all day, and Cheeks only gone 2 mornings a week, Boots likes to make up for the lack of other noise makers. The first day of school, he walked around shouting and banging as much as he could. I swear. He's toned it down a bit, but let's face it, he's still two. He does seem to like the "alone time" with mama. He makes a little face that's so funny. Kinda like this:


It's sort of smirky while trying not to smile. It says he likes something, but he's trying not to show it. So cute.

And as I alluded to earlier, I'm having problems finding clothes that will fit me that aren't a sort of financial rape to obtain. Even on eBay, maternity clothes are expensive. For USED ones. I did get a great deal on a pair of jeans - I have yet to recieve - but normally there's a huge mark-up on maternity, and it doesn't seem to go on sale much. IMO, 20% isn't really that great of a sale. 40% and now we're talking. Sorry, I'm not paying $45 for one pair of jeans I'll be wearing for a mere 2 months, much less buying two or three. Of coarse I gave away all, or most of, my maternity clothes after Boots was born (because 4 kids is enough, right? hahaha), and the one thing I'm really lacking in, now that the weather has turned cool, is pants. Shorts and white capri pants probably won't carry me til December, I'm thinking. Well.... :D ... Yesterday I happened upon a garage sale where they had a good bit of maternity clothes, and seeing the opportunity and confering with my hubs, I bought up a bunch and am going to try to make a little dough by selling it on eBay myself. I don't think there's any possible way for me to lose money on the deal, so... Wish me luck.

Other than boys stuff and contractions, I'm nesting a little. Mostly in seeing the need for things to be done, and wishing my husband would do it. Haha. That or I'd magically have enough energy and time to do the growing list of things. Some of which can be found here. Things like trimming windows, making curtains, clearing out boxes/getting rid of junk, repainting the entire interior of my house. You know, simple stuff.

So, what's new with you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment