Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Status

Sometimes I wish I could just have my Facebook status show up as a blog post. Or rather, maybe I should just start posting blog posts as my FB status.

It's just they're pretty short.

Like...

**it's weird to have a baby moving around inside you and also be able to feel your organs moving around too. Cool, but definitely weird.

**Chapstick for bugs. Bet you wish you had some.

And my favorite one from today...
**Guess what?....................................................................... Chicken butt.

And, Yep. I taught that to my 2yo, and I'm darned happy I did. It's a little remnant of my high school immature goofy sense of humor, and it makes me smile every time I hear it, and I think of how my friends and I used to say it to each other and get a big kick out of it. (I also know I'm probably not the only person who still gets a giggle from it. My best bud from then is sure to crack a smile, I'm sure!) And having my little guy running around saying "chicken butt" is hilarious. Today he even added the "Guess what" part.

It's the little things, people. We parents have to find our amusement somewhere.

My hubs finds his amusement by teaching our children to say "taking a piss" or "taking a crap". I know. We're great parents. (Though we, ok I, do teach them that you don't say those things at school. ahem. I hope.)

Not that that has anything to do with Facebook. But I think I'm done with that anyway.

I'm also the proud parent of a Kinde and 1st grader. Woohoo for school! No, I'm not one of those moms who gets teary eyed about school. It's more like "thank god and see ya later!" It's not that I don't love my kids. I do. I also love a break from them occasionally, and that's about the only way I get it these days. Plus, I still have 2 1/2 at home.

Being so totally on the ball, I was reminded to take "First Day of School" pics when we got to school and saw at least 3 moms blocking the sidewalk lined up snapping shots of their chillens. Actually, I was elated just to be getting them to school on time, and we hadn't forgotten anything that I could think of. (A snack and a paint shirt. Big whoop. They survived.) I tried to get after school shots. Just not the same. By then, the nervous excitement had worn off, there was dust covering shoes and the nicely placed barrette had found a new home inside a pencil box somewhere. And George, he absolutely refuses to smile. He's just not a fan of being in front of the camera. Thus, the grump face.



Well, I'd better go sleep. Or rather, attempt to. A pinched nerve in my back and arms that fall asleep keep me tossing and turning. But at least I get the bed to myself tonight. Kong's working, so I won't be worried about disturbing him. (Funny, he never worries like that about me. Men. **shakes head** How do they turn that internal dialogue stuff off?)

Nighty night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment