Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thanksgiving. What can I say?

The Good:
  • I didn't over eat at either one of the two Thanksgiving meals I ate today.
  • The food was good at both places, and the people were enjoyable at both places too.
  • I got to hang out at a friend's house for a bit today. So fun to have a friend!
  • I somehow managed to get my stove top cleaned. It really is monumental, people. It's been driving me insane for over a week. Either I just got too tired or the stove was in use. Today, despite something baking, I cleaned it anyway.
  • I didn't have to listen to anyone complaining about not liking what I cooked. Because EVERYONE loves dessert. (I made 3 kinds - 7 Layer Bars, Oooey Gooey Caramel Bars, and Lemon Bars, plus a ready-made pumpkin pie.)
  • I drank 5 glasses of wine. The last 3 were close enough together that I felt nice and happy and relaxed. 
  • I can't smell (this will be important later, just hang in there with me).
  • Any unfortunate events happened at the end of the night and not early in the day causing me to miss out on the festivities
  • I was not giving birth, though I enjoyed thinking about last year when I was giving birth on Thanksgiving.
The Bad:
  • I was awoken early this morning by my 3 yo screaming, literally - screaming, because he wanted everyone else to wake up too. No one was interested, least of all, me. I had only had 5 hrs of sleep by that point, and ...
  • I have a cold that is kicking my butt. I am so whooped, my nose is constantly running, I'm constantly sneezing (and whatever goes with that, ladies, ahem) and I feel like I'm in that cold commercial where the head is floating like a balloon. Yeah. Awesome. So after those mere 5 hrs of sleep, I was actually spinning when I tried to open my eyes, like when you have too much wine, only there was no wine. 
  • My hubby was being a (insert not nice word here). I mean, who doesn't love a good spat with your spouse on the eve and day of a family get together?
  • I miss a certain person who shall remain nameless who I don't feel at liberty to contact but I miss anyway. And even though said person probably doesn't want to hear it from me, I love you and I hope you had a great day. 
The Ugly:
  • My kid ralphed all over my mom's bathroom. The one room my parents didn't manage to clean. It was not a pretty site. Then came the pink-pop painted puke, prolifically painting porcelain plumbing. And walls. And clean towels. And the shower curtain. (This would be where my lack of smell comes in VERY handy.)
  • I am going to hurl if I have to see one more FB status or blog post on how thankful you are about your kids and your family and all that crap. Yeah, yeah. Me too. Blah blah blah. I'm sick and crabby. Sue me.
  • My baby is turning ONE in twenty one seventeen minutes and I'm NOT READY to be done with babies. Kids, yes, babies, No. Hello. My name is Mrs. Bananas, and I'm addicted to babies. I love my babies so much. All their shrivelly small, non-talking, non-mobile neediness. They have no excuses and you can't blame anything on them. You can't really teach them anything, or fail to teach them anything, or teach them anything you wish you hadn't. It's a wonderful wonderful time of parenting. Sleepless, very very tiring and sleepless, but so easy. Don't worry, though. This road has been block forevermore. sigh.


And in case anyone was wondering, I will not, nor in the foreseeable future, be doing any sort of Black Friday shopping, unless it's online, and not this year either because sleep is WAY MORE valuable to me than a good price on a dvd player. Amen, and good night. Have a great weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Nice puking alliteration:) Personally, I just stayed AWAY from FB on Thanksgiving. Partly because I was too busy stuffing my face, and partly because all the thankful posts drive me batty. And I am in complete agreement with you on the baby thing. It only took 5 kids, but I went from HATING the newborn phase with Brenna to LOVING it with Wyatt. Sniff. My baby will be two in a week and a half.

    ReplyDelete