Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Corinthians 13



Love is patient 
Love is kind 
Love does not envy 
Love does not boast 
Love is not proud (or too proud to humble oneself in repentance - my words) 
Love does not dishonor others 
Love is not self-seeking 
Love is not easily angered 
Love keeps no record of wrongs 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 



Really struggling with this lately. 


I fail. 
I am a very imperfect person. 
I make lots of mistakes. 
I try to say sorry, but sometimes that's hard for me, the admitting of wrong. Who wants to be wrong? Not me!
I try to have grace. I fail. 
I have good intentions. 
I very rarely intend to inflict harm, and even then I'll just stop doing the nice things I do or smear boogers on your good towels (uh, sorry mom. :D) 


But I am human. So sometimes my good intentions comes out wrong and I have to do this (to admit my mistake). My good intentions are sometimes shadowed by my own anger or hurt feelings. sigh. It seems like a never ending battle for me. Will I ever get it right? Wouldn't it be nice if we weren't human? Never made mistakes? Always said/did the right thing? sigh. 


I struggle.


I'll keep trying. Eventually,.. maybe,.. I'll get something right.






Love never fails


I hope.