Sunday, August 1, 2010

old and new

Sorry for the rant, the other day. It was the only way I was gonna get some sleep. I'm over it now. Though I certainly am more aware of who my friends and allies are, or are NOT. I have actually thought about starting a new blog  series called 'Things I "let" my child do.' Anyone else game? Glad to see I'm not the only one who tires of endless criticism of their mothering. Thanks, gals.

Oh, and dontcha hate it when you check on your blog to find the background you had up has been deleted? Yeah, glad I didn't spend another five hours or so working on it. Certainly not incentive to customize. Grrr.

Other than that, it's been a bit quiet on the blog because it hasn't been very quiet on the home front. Stressful and tiring, with a few splashes of fun. Now, we're just resting and regaining composure and working on getting normalcy back in our household.

Well, if you call the barfy flu normal. So far, it's hit Cheeks, and now Boots. Poor baby is just pitiful. It's sad to look at him. And it's very hard to explain to a 2yo that yes, he does need to puke, and in the bucket, whether he wants to or not. He actually screams while barfing because he's so mad about it. Yeah. Good times. I'm just praying and hoping beyond all hope that I don't get it. We all know mama's don't get sick days off.

Other than that, we have been enjoying the rest of Kong's vacation. We even were gifted a date night by my parents, who, after seeing how much work I have to do to tend to kids and take care of details, thought that we deserved a night off, to at least enjoy a meal together. Alone. Without children. And I have to say, I looked hot. I wore a new dress, did my face all perty. And... I even caught my hubs checkin' me out. Mmmhnmm. I still got it! :D

We were also gifted a new deck. Was on a mobile home that is to be moved, so the MIL claimed it and knew we would appreciate it. After checking out how much it would cost to put railing on it, we realized just what a gift it was. Dang that stuff's expensive! So now I have a new pretty back deck (still awaiting railing, but that's coming, and the steps are only temporary). No peeling paint. No sagging. Nothing dilapidated. And big enough to hold the grill and a patio set. Yay!

So, out with the old...


... and in with the new.

We even have our first visitor.




Oo. Gotta go. I hear barfing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment