Sunday, February 19, 2012

To whom it may concern:

Dear Anonymous,

I wrote you a letter. I got no response.

See, here's the trouble with that. This lack of communication causes great mis-communication. It already has caused great mis-communication, which I have been led to believe is not one-sided. It has left me wondering. There really are a lot of options as to the why of it, but without communication it's hard to  determine the why, the interest of the parties involved and the future course of action. 

Are you not at that address/email address anymore? Is there a security breach? Is someone intercepting confidential mail/email? Did you get it and choose not to respond because you are... illiterate? blind? pregnant with a case of malaria? in Africa? gaga for goji beans? playing a game? seeking revenge? I don't say that to be crass. Truly. It's just hard to determine from this end. It's difficult to not make assumptions but assumptions, or speculations?, is about all we can make. Given that, it's easy to understand why all (yes 'all') these communications that go unanswered leave me befuddled.

There's this recent story about a guy who out of anger and revenge got a little crazy on FB. It went viral. Now, I know that's not the way to go, posting private matters on FB or a blog or whatnot. I've had my feelings hurt by that, and also hurt someone's feelings by that. I certainly see the error of that method. Plus, I'm not really into receiving death threats. So my opinion is that that's not really the way to go. But on the other hand, I thought, hey, at least he got a response. Even if the response amounts to "asdf&^%#$" or a flip of the bird. At least then I could stop wondering if the letter was received by the correct department.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely Signed,

Wondering in MN

0 comments:

Post a Comment