Monday, January 17, 2011

How do you know when to potty train your child?

When they start to train themselves is probably a pretty good time.

Yup. Here's your sign.

I found Boots in the bathroom last night, which is not unusual, sitting on the toilet, also not unusual. What was unusual was that he actually was intentionally trying to take a whiz. And... he was successful!!! We did the happy potty dance. Celebrate every success. He tried again this morning after successfully pooping on the floor in his sisters' room, but hey, again, celebrate every success. Nevermind the pile-o-poo. He peed in the potty!

I'm seriously in a time warp. My plan was to take the kids to the Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota in the morning and be home for lunch, then George could finally call his friend who has been begging to come over to play. Uh, yeah. More like leave after lunch. I checked the clock at 9:13. Next thing I know it's 10:55. Say whaaa? "All" I did was take a shower and feed kids. I'm not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing that the friend only got to come over for a little over an hour. But it was cute to watch them play the wii together.

Back to the time warp. So now, I put the kids to bed. That was done by 9. Suddenly it's 11:33. Dang!

Lately Koko has been saying a lot, "when I grow up, I'm going to be..." An artist, a fashion designer. Tonight a friend came over to "play make-up" and teach this out of the loop mama how to apply eye shadow (I seem to have forgotten). She made my eye black. She even told me to wash it off, I looked like I got punched. Koko liked it. I hope she's not going to tell me "I want to be a make-up artist." I'd hate to have to break it to her - the beat up look is not in. (It's not, right? ;D)

It was really cute, though, when my friend was getting ready to leave. The kids apparently didn't want her to go. Even Boots said in his super cute voice with his big eyes and long eye lashes batting, "you can't go yet." Aaawww. Melt. She wasn't swayed.

I had better go to bed before I fall into another black hole of time and wind up at 2 am. I need the black hole of slumber, not the black hole of over-tired, which quickly becomes the black hole of screaming crazed mama. Yikes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment