Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cakes

If you don't already know this about me, I have gotten into cake decorating, and got to take a class this winter. It was so much fun. I had a blast, and learned quite a bit. It's a good creative outlet for me, and a handy skill to have considering I'll have the opportunity to make lots of cakes for my 4 growing monkeys.

These are the cakes for which I have digital images. I'll have to look for more pics, before I made the digital switch, and scan them.

So, because I wouldn't have it any other way, in chronological order...


Kayla's 2nd birthday, Feb 2007




Andrew's 30th birthday, made from leftover frosting of Kayla's 2nd bday. 2007.
If you'll notice the similar color scheme.


Becca's 12th birthday, July 2007


Somewhere is Abby's 1st bday. But I don't know where. But I'll find it.


Kayla 3rd birthday, Feb 2008

This cake was all about flavor, and not so much about beauty. Trust me when I tell you no one cared what it looked like when they were eating it. It had a strawberry and cream layer in there. Oh, so yummy. So moist. Deliciiiiious!


Jan/Feb 2009 I took a cake decorating class.


Abby's 2nd birthday, Jan 2009


Kayla's 4th Birthday, Feb 2009.

This was a request. A Barbie cake. Just like that.
This is what happens when your daughter looks over your shoulder when browsing cake websites.

My "final" cake from cake decorating class. Feb 2009
I was just playing, and getting the instructors help in making little fun creatures and such. Since I was just having fun, and practicing, I didn't finish the edges. That would have taken this perfectionist an amazing amount of time. And I didn't want to bother with that.


Andrew's 32nd birthday, March 2009

He's a volunteer fireman. My mom decided she wants to throw all her kids and spouses themed birthday parties this year, just so she can say she did it once. So this was his. And it was probably the hardest one I've done to date. But fun.

Tim's 30th birthday, April 2009

This was probably the most appreciated of all birthday cakes. Love you, brother. Glad you liked it. (Guess the theme here is obvious too.)

I actually have made a cake or 2 for B-Boy, but those were pre-digital, and the last 2 yrs we have had his party elsewhere (Happy Joe's and WowZone) so you can't bring your own cake. But I know I at least made one for his 2nd birthday. Airplane theme. I'll find it and throw it in here later.

Next up, Hubba Hubba, my dad, then me, Lil'D, and my mom.

So there will be more cake posts to come.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive! I have great skill in cake decorating, too. It's called, walk into Hy-vee, browse through catalog, choose and order appropriate cake, and pick up on the day of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KELLY - you are amazing! Truly you have a gift for this!

    ReplyDelete